Friday, January 25, 2008

"My Father Used To Take Me To The Big Stadium"

Carlos Hernandez is an ex-Costa Rica World Cupper who now lives and plays in Australia. He reflects on family and boyhood:

"For me, there is nothing more beautiful than family. Life in Costa Rica was very good, but I know as a football player there are career opportunities outside of the country...So that means not being with my family, but it's a sacrifice I have been willing to make to support my wife and child and their future."

"In Costa Rica we have a saying that football is in your blood...Ever since I was a little kid, my father used to take me to the big stadium to watch the matches and I always grew up playing football...I always found football absolutely fascinating...I find myself in a wonderful position to be able to do something that I have been fascinated with all my life."


Source > 11.01.2008

No comments: