Saturday, May 24, 2008

Something my dad taught me


Manchester United's Owen Hargreaves stoically endured a season of injury rehabilitation before capturing his second Champions League trophy:


"I didn't want to complain - that is something my dad taught me...But I think people can now see the difference physically and what I'm able to do...Don't get me wrong, I'm a professional and I want to play, but I just wasn't physically capable of doing so...The boss was just waiting for the right time. They put me in the right games and now I feel good. My knees have improved a lot."


Hargreaves' Dad was in the stands in Moscow and able to enjoy the fruits of his teachings when he watched his boy slot home one of United's penalties:


"He's the most nervous man ever in the stadium, so I'm sure he's pleased it went the right way..He was in a right state but I didn't think for one minute I'd miss. If you have doubts in your mind you can miss, so you have to be positive.'

No comments: