Friday, April 10, 2009

Adriano Losses the Joy



"Striker Adriano has left Inter Milan for his native Brazil before season's end, claiming that he has lost the joy of playing football:

"I have stopped my career for a while because I have lost the joy of playing," he said. "It could be one, two or three months. There is big pressure in Italy. I don't want to return to Italy. I want to live in peace here in Brazil."

Adriano said he will use the time to consider his future, dropping a strong hint that he does not see himself returning to Milan.

"I was not satisfied," he said. "Everybody has the right to be happy in his job and I was unhappy in Italy. I will re-think my career. I am happy in Brazil alongside my friends and my family."

The former Sao Paulo forward insisted he was healthy. "I am not ill," he said. "Adriano is not dead. I am not going to any hospital. I will try to restart, try to rediscover the joy of playing. The situation has arisen because I was not happy."

> Info Source

1 comment:

the Abbot of Theleme said...

Maybe the only surprising thing about this is that we don't hear of it happening more often. With the amount of focus, energy, and singular pursuit to the exclusion of all other things that is required to reach and stay "at the top," we should expect more stories of burnout.

Good for Adriano for being honest with himself and with the world.