Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Robinho on sons and footballs



For a guy who makes strange career decisions, Robinho sure does seem to have a lot of footie wisdom. Must be the Brazilian in him:

'It's true I didn't have the opportunity to watch Ronaldo's goals against Arsenal on television. I was playing football with Robson Junior. Robson likes to play football and I love to see my family happy. So I played with him. My son is only 18 months but already he likes to try and kick the football. We will have to wait and see if the ball likes him as well, but we had fun while the United game was on!' (Source)

Robinho kind of twists this kernel of wisdom around to make us think about it: Of course it's not about the ball liking you but about you making the ball seem to like you. In other words, the ball will be your friend and help you and perhaps even obey you, if you have a desirable approach to the ball and the game.

The question is how do you become a desirable footballer? What do you need to have in you to be accepted by the ball, the coaches, the fans and the beautiful game?

(See also: bestplayerintheworld.com)

No comments: