Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ronaldo Credits Father Figure Ferguson For Preparing Him For His Boyhood Dream:



"It's obvious that I'm a less egotistical footballer now,'' he told Spanish sports daily AS.

"Without a doubt. I know for sure that four years ago I always played to try to end up scoring myself."But experience makes you understand that you achieve better things playing as a team and being united. At Madrid they will see a better Cristiano.''

"Ferguson is a maestro,'' added Ronaldo. "For me he was my father in football. He was crucial in my career and, outside football, was a great human being with me. Talent isn't everything. You can have it from the cradle, but it is necessary to learn the trade to be the best.

"When I arrived in England I was an 18-year-old kid and had established stars by my side. Ferguson taught me to clean up my faults, to know to give the pass at the last moment, to take the right decision in the area.

"I spent six years at United and I owe them everything that I am today. I made history at United and won many trophies. It was a pleasure to play at Old Trafford but now a new stage in my life is beginning at the Bernabeu with new challenges.

"I wanted to play at this club and for that reason I'm here.''"I'm used to living with speculation,'' he said.

"I could have signed for Madrid in 2008, but there wasn't an agreement between the clubs and I owed myself to United. I wanted to respect that and I did. I took the best decision.''

"Since I've been able to think I've known what this club means. In Madeira they talked about Madrid as the most famous club with the best history in the world, with great international stars.

"The kids in Portugal at my time, we were all for Madrid. For that reason it is a privilege to be here. That kid's dream has been achieved.

"What happened on Monday in the Bernabeu was incredible. I couldn't have imagined what I was experiencing. It was impressive, incredible. I get goosebumps just by remembering it. I wasn't expecting something like it.'' (Source)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey John! Hey